Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a quality ventilated suit with a round veil. I'd try Ultrabreeze, but it looks like they only offer the fencing style.

·
Registered
978 Posts
In my opinion.... Jesuits are a dime a dozen. There are good quality cheap ones, and poor quality expensive ones. You really need to get a in person look at them , and find a type you think you'd prefer. Otherwise, look at major beek supply houses. Most offer decent quality suits and jackets, in a wide price range. My first ventilated jacket was meant to last my first season. It 3 seasons and going strong. Keep em clean, store out of direct sunlight, ect. Also, if zippers stick or freeze on you, don't force em open. Ask your wife to unstick for you. Wash, let dry, and lube the zipper with a bar of soap. Make small repairs as needed. I got a small hole or holes in my screen veil. I repaired with clear alex plus house caulking. 2 years ago, and fine as can bee. Also, the screen is basically window screen for your hose windows. Get the cheap thin type at your local hardware store. If ya need a complete rework.... have fun, and good luck
Rich

·
Registered
319 Posts
It’s Easter, and I try not to offend Catholics - ever. I suspect there is more than a little difference between “Jesuits” and “bee suits”, but auto-correct should not be forgiven. It was a fun read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts