Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be doing a lesson on honey bees for a group of kids K-6th grade and I am wondering if it would be advisable to let them sample my raw honey? I know babies aren't supposed to have it, but would there be any possibilities of running into problems giving a taste of it to older kids who maybe have never had it before?

I'm planning to let them sample some varietal honey and honey in the comb as well. Just wanted to make sure I didn't get myself into any trouble as this is my first time doing a presentation.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't know if I would without the schools permission. And be sure it's in writing with some sort of waiver. Everyone is so sue happy these days. All it would take is for someones child to get a stomach ache that night and you would be to blame. It's a very good thing that you are doing and I hope that it works out that you can. I'm sure the kids would love it!

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
When we do school classes it is mostly 3rd grade and when I give my talk about bees and try to answer questions my will give them a small piece of bread with honey on it, some will ask for more and some will spit it out (keep a garbage can close)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't know if I would without the schools permission. And be sure it's in writing with some sort of waiver. Everyone is so sue happy these days.
Thanks, I'll be sure to do that. So is there any real worry that an average, healthy kid could get sick, or is it just a matter of covering one's backside?

some will ask for more and some will spit it out (keep a garbage can close)
LOL, that would be hard on my pride. I can't imagine wasting honey. But thanks for preparing me for the possibility. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts