Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is an photo of my observation hive. The array of colors of the.pollen coming in reminds me of Baskin Robbins. Any guesses what the pink pollen is? SE Ohio.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Possibly Red Bud pollen. They are blooming here in WV everywhere. My bees are bringing in pollen from them now.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Beautiful picture, Dandelion and redbud pollen.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hello Bill. I just saw this thread and noticed you are from the same city as I.
I have not seen the reddish pollen yet, but the girls are bringing pollen in by the droves.
I am going to open my hives today to see what is going on and remove the queen cages on two packages I installed last Wednesday.
Nice pic BTW.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
BeeMoose, I think you are probably addressing your message to drtoddh but I am just down the river from you, all my best on your new hives this year.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes, you are correct Bill. It was directed to drtodd, but hello as well to you! We have a nice representation from Marietta here.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Beemoose and everyone else. Thanks for the info. Redbud fits since its starting here. Great to see another SE Ohio beekeeper.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Incredible! The apiary where our nucs will come from posted a pollen color chart a couple of days back, but nothing as bright and vivid as the real thing here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts