Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Looks good Pat. You seem convinced that this is an established hive. How long have the homeowner's noticed the bees?
I don't suppose the letter carrier or FedEx will come near your trashy cone. Probably scare off most burglars too.
Passers by have to be doing double takes saying "what the hell...." J

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good Pat. You seem convinced that this is an established hive. How long have the homeowner's noticed the bees?
I don't suppose the letter carrier or FedEx will come near your trashy cone. Probably scare off most burglars too.
Passers by have to be doing double takes saying "what the hell...." J
The customer lives out-of-state and that door is a side door that's away from any foot traffic.

I would say the customer is completely oblivious to how long that colony has been that wall. I'd say YEARS.

Anyhow, the lawn guy told her about it. lolol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So after this is done, do you (or a contractor) go into the wall from the inside to remove the comb? This is really cool. Also, is the little battery light for warmth at night?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thanks Pat, great video, and education. I was wondering if the queen would come out, along with everyone else in a trap out. Now I know it doesn't always happen. Thanks again for sharing!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So after this is done, do you (or a contractor) go into the wall from the inside to remove the comb? This is really cool. Also, is the little battery light for warmth at night?
No. There's really no need.

Most of the supplies are consumed by the remaining bees over the month's period because no supplies are able to get back in during that time.

It's mostly dry comb by the time the trap is done.

Warmth light? Lol, well, not really. We are in Florida.

But thanks for commenting and watching. It's much appreciated. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts