Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So should I try and knock these into a bucket or let them move in. They seem to be thinking about it. This is in my shed where I store boxes with partial dream comb. I set up a double deep with comb once I found the swarm and put a tiny hint of lgo on top of some frames. I feel fairly confident they’ll move in on there own but maybe not.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I would knock them into a hive box with some frames taken out. I would leave the box in the shed with the inner cover open about 1 inch to allow the bees to fan. If they stay in the box, I would wait until well after dark and move the box out of the shed. The next day, if they are still in the box, I would add back the missing frames and try feeding them.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I would definitely knocked them into a box, or swarm bucket, and not wait to see what they do. What if the decide to move into the shed structure?:eek: How did they get in the shed? Opened door or is it a partially open shed?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Capture them at sunrise or sunset and introduced them to the rest?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
In my experience, when the bees keep going back to the place from which they were collected, the queen is not in the box. I would use a wide spatula and slowly scrape them off the ceiling and into a bucket. Try not to get them flying. You may want to spray them with a diluted sugar syrup solution to keep them together. Then dump the bucket into the box and close the lid. You may have to do this several times.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya I’ve done that several times as you say I’m thinking about just hitting them with the bee vac to get them all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts