Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i added my second brood box a few weeks ago and decided to take a quick peak today. The second box is getting drawn out well and i noticed inside the cells it look like theres just sugar water. its not capped and i dont see any eggs in the second brood box. Does that mean the queen is still just laying in the bottom brood box and they will end up putting all honey in the second brood box? Just didnt know what to expect to see.

In my other hive that i got as a swarm this year they are also slowly working away at drawing out foundation. I did see lots of eggs in a good tight pattern. It looked like in one cell there were two eggs. Is it possible to ocassionally lay two eggs and still have a good queen. It also could have just been my eyes fooling me but it sure looked like two eggs in just one cell. All the others i could see were picture perfect.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would leave it alone and wait a little while, she should move up when she needs the room to lay. Hopefully it was just yours on two eggs in a cell, and if not you only saw one right? everything else looked good so wait a couple more weeks or at least a week and look again, you can always put another box in if you need to. Just my opinion......;) Good Luck

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
One of the hives we started this year wasn't working the second box even though there was brood all the way on one outside frame of the bottom box.

I moved a couple brood frames from the middle up to the middle of the top box, It helped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts