Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always ordered my bee suits from //beeworks.com in Canada, last order a couple of years ago, now when I go to that sight I get a company called Dancing bee equipment which isn't the same company. any one know if beeworks is still in business? any help would be appreciated I never did have a phone # or address that I can find.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Beeworks.com gives a redirect to Dancing Bee. Dancing Bee may be heading for top dog in Ontario for bees and beekeeping supplies. I think they are importing Chilean bees and are distributing to quite a few smaller dealers.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe David retired
that was my first guess, but I really like their bee suites, they would add 4 in. to the length for me, I'm getting old, I can't get the bee suits I like, the hive tools I use were discontinued 20 years ago, I managed to get some from the first person I bought bees from, he had his wife give me all the ones without printing on them( ie old ones), I have tried some hive tools and bee suites, I'm getting grumpy I guess to old to learn new tricks.:shhhh: when they shipped queens to the USA, I got a batch of 10 that were the best queens I had ever gotten. I know things have to change, but my bee suit and hive tool?

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beeworks.com gives a redirect to Dancing Bee. Dancing Bee may be heading for top dog in Ontario for bees and beekeeping supplies. I think they are importing Chilean bees and are distributing to quite a few smaller dealers.
thanks it would be nice if they would state the facts, really would like to know where the old owner went.

·
Registered
287 Posts
FWIW, I've dealt with Dancing Bee extensively and they have been nothing other than professional, helpful and quick to fix the one mistake they made in an order.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
FWIW, I've dealt with Dancing Bee extensively and they have been nothing other than professional, helpful and quick to fix the one mistake they made in an order.
Ya, I talked to them about a pull over veil they have, really nice guy. Unfortunately the 26 buck veil would cost me 50 to get it across the border lol, I figure one of these days I’ll try and get someone to ship it to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
David retired due to health issues. The business was for sale for over a year I guess Dancing Bee snatched it up. Too bad had them custom make my daughters suit and gloves for Christmas when she was 5. David made some great queens at one time also.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
David retired due to health issues. The business was for sale for over a year I guess Dancing Bee snatched it up. Too bad had them custom make my daughters suit and gloves for Christmas when she was 5. David made some great queens at one time also.
thank you very much, yes it's to bad, not sure where I will find suits like they made, and I agree with his queens, bought some once, and they combined with the ones I had were the best queens I have ever had for the last 20 years. well I guess this winter I'll be bee suite shopping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts