Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a batch of queens and they did not do so good. Only 2 survived from the 9 we grafter. So I am not good at it apparently. So I was thinking of switching to the graftless system. Then I was thinking why not get a good store bought queen the hygienic kind and then make some queens for the rest of my hives.

So the question is if I buy the system and then the queen fertilized and marked how long should she be in the hive before I put her in the system. Nicot type.? Might be nice to put her directly in there since we have her found. but, does she need time to accumulate first?

·
Registered
970 Posts
there is a place at the top where you can place some bee candy then place her into this and let the bees eat her out while they are doing this the bees will polish the cells

face the nicot toward a frame of eggs and very small larva (to have nurse bees that produce royal jelly so they can feed the queen to get her overies going) so she will began laying eggs it may take a few days before she may lay in it.

check after a couple days then ck every day so you will know when she laid the eggs. then when she has laid graft 3.5 days later

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/vlwbee/?action=view&current=100_0721.jpg

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the question should be should I put her in the hive and let her lay for a few days or just put her from the queen shipping container into the nicot system?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts