Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the day finally came. I woke up from my nap just got home at 7 this morning. Had to check my bees. Found the queen running up and down the middle frame. Of course she is marked so it made it a little easier. My worries were appeased. Lots and lots and lots of bees. Bees with their pollen baskets full. Had two frames filled already. Wow in my eyes. Had pollen in the comb. I am happy to see that they are doing well. I have been kind of worried for the past couple days. Didn't see as much activity as I did on Monday. They were flying all over the hive. But now I finally see. :D:D:eek: I had spilled a little sugar syrup on the side of the hive putting it back on so I went out with a squart bottle and watered down the hive. Bees didn't care. The only other thing I didn't like was the crunch of two of my girls under the feeder when I put it back on. :doh:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I have Russian/Carniolans and I think they are great! They seem to be thriving in my climate more so that my Italians did.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so far so good with these bees. This is my first hive but I really started to like going out every day watching them. They fly around me and just keep going. I am going to open again next week and see how much more had happened. It is a great feeling when I see them going in and out with their pollen sacs full. They are working hard. I just ordered me another Hive Body with frames and accessory. I am going to see about getting one more package before the end of the month. I would love to have two now. Wasn't sure at the beginning but now I know I want MORE.:):D

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Bay Minette, AL is in NW FL! :D Plenty of time to get another one started. Starting with two is always better because you can use resources from one to help the other.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty much NW Fl. up on the Mobile Bay. I am getting ready on Monday to make some phone calls to see if I can grab a small package of bees. I have new hive equipment, but much good time of good weather. Thanks for the input. I hope to make two, then next spring split into four and eight so on and so on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts