Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
If you have a healthy population and can get a queen somewhere, I would get a mated queen. If not, no choice but do a combine with another hive. J

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Sickdog, first thing I would do is make sure the hive is actually queenless. A lack of eggs and brood is not uncommon this time of year.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sickdog, first thing I would do is make sure the hive is actually queenless. A lack of eggs and brood is not uncommon this time of year.
Yea thought that. But this is a hive that i split like a month ago because they wanted to swarm even though the queen had plenty of room to lay. I actually put a post up about it you responded on. Twice i Gave them a frame of eggs.They made queen cups they hatched and still no eggs. Last set of queen cups hatched about 2 weeks ago.What i will do is next week it is going to warm up i will inspect them.

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Did not realize we were talking about the same hive. If you do not have eggs or larvae when you inspect, I would combine them with another hive or just let them languish and then use their resources for the other hives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts