Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moved a group of hives to a new location. Pumpkin farmer that also has alot of cotton(no pesticides). We both win out of this...

Opened them up today to place supers, exluders, etc. One hive is queenless. And, dangit, I'm leaving town for 2 weeks tomorrow. Didn't have time to go back in and pull a frame of fresh eggs from another hive to see if they would make one while I'm gone. Guess we'll see how long it takes for a hive to get a laying worker!!

Also...noticed some SHB's roaming around. Didn't have any traps with me...another dangit!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
If you didn't have the extra 2 minutes to grab a frame of eggs from the hive next to it then you will just have to deal with what you got when you get back.:)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Riverhawk,

It won't take 5 minutes to pull a frame of eggs and put in the other hive. I've done it several times. Go for it, you can do it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I've done it many times before. It's just that when I was in there yesterday, it was the last hive I checked and I was already WAY late for being home. And you know the saying...If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy. 5 minutes can make the difference between sleeping indoors or in the dog house!:D
I'm gonna try to FLY down there and drop a frame of eggs in there and put some beetle traps in, too. Figured out that we leave town later than I thought and I moved morning meetings to earlier.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Momma would be happier that you were making money instead of losing it wouldn't she?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts