Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone around north alabama has a queenbee for free/trade/sell? My bees have been queen less for 2 weeks and there queen cell failed. No egg larvae or brood left and the queencells are empty. I can't find anyone close to get a bee from. 2565025568 text me if you got one

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Hang in there and don't give up hope. Sorry that I don't have one to offer you, but my single hive has been trying to make a queen since the end of Feb. Multiple failures on queen cells and getting a mated queen back to the hive. I bought 3 frames of eggs from a beekeeper and only 1 "took" (meaning they got fed and turned into capped larvae by the workers). Had a newly hatched virgin in the hive at that time, so they didn't try and turn any into a queen cell. Now I don't think the queen made it back from her mating flight. Oh, the wonderful world of bees...

This guy posted a few weeks back that he had some for sale https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hott-Apiary/482158561875302

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hang in there and don't give up hope. Sorry that I don't have one to offer you, but my single hive has been trying to make a queen since the end of Feb. Multiple failures on queen cells and getting a mated queen back to the hive. I bought 3 frames of eggs from a beekeeper and only 1 "took" (meaning they got fed and turned into capped larvae by the workers). Had a newly hatched virgin in the hive at that time, so they didn't try and turn any into a queen cell. Now I don't think the queen made it back from her mating flight. Oh, the wonderful world of bees...

This guy posted a few weeks back that he had some for sale https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hott-Apiary/482158561875302
Found a guy close by he gave me a russian queen cell said its been capped for 2 days how long till it hatches. How long till I get eggs. They started covering it soon as I took off inner cover. Guess there happy now

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Found a guy close by he gave me a russian queen cell said its been capped for 2 days how long till it hatches. How long till I get eggs. They started covering it soon as I took off inner cover. Guess there happy now
I don't know the answer to this, but can you mix Russian and Italian bees? I'm making the assumption your worker bees are Italian...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know the answer to this, but can you mix Russian and Italian bees? I'm making the assumption your worker bees are Italian...
I'm not sure what they are. All I know is there wild. The covered the vcage the cell is in. So well see.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Did you keep the cell warm when you moved it from the hive you got it from to your hive?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P
Did you keep the cell warm when you moved it from the hive you got it from to your hive?
Yes I put it in candy plug cage with 4 atten bees. They all started going crazy when I out it in there. Hard to mount it with the bees is that a good thing

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I'm pretty new at this, but I have had bees cover up a queen cage because they were in love with the good smelling female inside and I have had them cover up a queen cage because they wanted to kill the evil female inside. Sorry, I know that's no help....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts