Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All! It is time for another question about these plastic queen cells.
I bought a bunch of these without the bottom pin just a smooth bottom
that curves. My question is how do I hand them onto the cell bar?
Do I use superglue or TBond glue for that?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Re: Queen plastic cell cups ?

It sounds like you purchased the wrong model. You, most likely needed the ones with the pin sticking out of their bottoms.

The ones with the round bottoms were the first ones I purchased. Then I realized I needed the ones with the bottom pins. The pinless ones are still sitting in a drawer. Though I also purchased a 25/64" drill bit to mount them with, that also is still sitting in the drawer. I prefer the model with the pins - less work.

BTW, they're not actually queen cells, just queen cell cups.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Good idea about the wax. I am sure that will take a lot of work.
Yes, they are just the cell cups no queen cells yet. Thanks.
Now I am thinking to use these cell cups onto a reduced worker cell size so the queen
can directly lay in it. This will eliminate the grafting part out of queen rearing.
How do I lay 100 of these at a time onto a foundation frame of fake worker cells? Is there a pre-drawn
plastic worker cells frame available out there I can use to fit these into from the opposite side? This will save a ton of work
when I can figure this issue out. How to turn lemons into lemonade. Humm, molded plastic silicone worker cells. How to?

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I am trying to convert these cell cups into a frame of plastic cups for the queen to
lay directly into without the grafting part. On the 4th day I can remove them to the cell starter hive.
This will be a fun project if I can figure out how to make the queen lay worker eggs into these cups.
What drill bit size should I use for the worker cell hole? I think this is doable. What to you think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts