Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a weekly inspection today of my two deep newly established colony. Bees all over 2 or 3 of the frames in top deep filling out with brood in all stages everything looking good. Checked the bottom box and on one of the middle frames, there was a queen cell, with the top opened not tore out from the side. I inspect the hive every few days, too at least look for eggs and brood, and have not had a single day when there wasnt a ton of brood in every stage so why would they replace her? If it helps the queen cell was basically at the bottom of one of the middle frames, I checked every other frame in the hive and there were no other weird looking cells at all so dont think it was swarm cells or anything and I kind of thought that for supersedure there would be more then 1 of them??

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Is this a cup or a real queen cell with larva? If just a cup forget about it, the bees build numerous cups. If it's a queen cell then just let nature take its course. The bees know best!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Don't know if its true, but I've heard going into the hive to often can lead to the queen being superseded.
Every few days might be a little excessive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts