Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hive that was queenless this spring when i opened it up for inspection. There were no eggs and no larva just some capped drone cells.
So I purchased a new Italian queen an placed her in the cage between to frames of bees they had her out in three days . that was almost a month ago . Went in to the hive today .went through all the frames I found the queen on the last frame i checked but still no eggs and no larva what do you think is going on . Oh I forgot to mention that on the day after her release I checked the hive ans found eggs on two different frames . And now there is nothing. Johns Bees

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
It is a bad queen, even if she came in as a virgin she should be laying by now. I would expect your forces to be getting extremely low or will be soon get a good layer in there pronto.

Another possibility could be that the non laying queen has been in the hive all along, when the new queen was released she was killed, and you have the same sad non laying queen you started with. order a new one, and bee sure to pinch the present one off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts