Day 0 : On June 6, I did a cutout from a fallen tree.
Day 1 : The next day, on June 7, I dropped a frame of eggs from one of my hives into the brood box, in case I did not get the queen.
Day 5 : On June 11, I checked the box and found a capped queen cell.
Day 19 : On June 25, I had a look to see what was going on.
I found the old queen cell, ripped to shreds. Maybe she hatched, maybe not. But, the really strange thing is that I found 1 new, capped queen cell and one that they were working to cap!
According to my math, no eggs from the original frame should still be capped and there doesn't seem to have been enough time for the original cell to actually hatch and lay some eggs for a supercedure.
I have a new queen and I would like to put it into this hive, but I am not sure what is going on in there.