Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. This is my first year beekeeping and one of my queens died on me a few weeks ago. Since I had tons of brood left, I decided to et them raise their own queen. It has been about three weeks now, and I now have a queen, but she doesn't seem to be laying eggs. My guess is that she is a virgin queen, but I am concerned because it has been almost 5 days since she eclosed and I thought she would have mated by now. I am also concerned because the bees are pampering her as if she were a mated and laying queen. Any ideas as to what's going on here?

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
give it another week, and I have to ask, since a lot of people don't k now an egg when they see one, do you know an egg if you see one? Countless people come into these forums claiming no eggs, just because they don't know what they're staring at.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
They will not normally be laying in 3 weeks it's too soon. In another week or two weeks she may be laying. If the bees are pampering her she may already be mated but it takes a while longer for her to lay eggs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts