Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two hives, one was roaring so I looked for eggs, larvea, Queen, saw none of them, I put the box ontop of the other hive with paper in between, there's still a bunch maybe 500+ staying at the old location, how can I get them into the new hive? I have a nuc coming later this week, could I just put the 5 frames in there with them?

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
http://bushfarms.com/beesmoving.htm#methods

"The next morning you can put the last box on top of the hive. Remove any equipment from the old site so they don't start clustering there.

"Some field bees will return to the old location. Most will not. The ones that do will circle until they find the new location and then will be fine after that.

"You can check in the evening before dark and see if any are clustering at the old location. If so, put a super there and they will move into it and you can move them after dark again. I have never had any clustered there by the next day and seldom had any at all."

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got them all in by spraying them with sugar syrup, and dumping them in the other hive, I put a branch in front of the entrance, looks like they are all staying around the new hive, I removed the old one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts