Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this queen bee, supposedly it is Buckfast. It has been 2 weeks now and she is not laying any eggs. There has been 3 or 4 eggs, but bees had only made a queen cells out of it. My other hive has 3 full frames of eggs, it is carniolan. I wonder if that queen bee starts later, or something wrong with the queen.

THanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have this queen bee, supposedly it is Buckfast. It has been 2 weeks now and she is not laying any eggs. There has been 3 or 4 eggs, but bees had only made a queen cells out of it. My other hive has 3 full frames of eggs, it is carniolan. I wonder if that queen bee starts later, or something wrong with the queen.

THanks
I would look for her, was she marked? If the hive is making queen cells they may know something is wrong.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Something is wrong with that queen and they are trying to supercede her. I would ask for a replacement.
What I don't know is if it best to not cull the queen cells until new queen arrives, or to cull them now for better acceptance. More experience is needed here. J

·
Super Moderator
Santa Cruz, CA
1,120 Posts
Definitely get a replacement. Sounds like her "parts" are clogged and she's a dud queen.

The supplier should send out a replacement asap. Was this a package? We're sure seeing a lot of this happening this year.

You'll want to remove the queen and knock down any and all queen cells before introducing the new queen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts