Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

This is my first post on Beesource so a big hello from the United Kingdom.

We are shortly taking delivery of some Maxant 400-1 honey pumps as part of our packing line and they apparently have a 1" NPT bore (whatever that is?!).

Could anyone please advise as to what diameter strengthened PVC food-grade piping we should be ordering in to match the bore of these machines?

Many thanks
:thumbsup:

Cris

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
NPT stands for national pipe thread, maybe check with a industrial supplier over there and see if you can get an adapter to the metric system (yes we're still dragging our knuckles in that aspect), that way you don't have to pay thru the nose for shipping and don't have to scramble for broken/redesign parts. Maybe maxant can supply it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Are you in dairy country? If so, there has to be a dairy pipe supplier near you. Google "Dairy Services". They will not only answer your question for the UK, but you should also inquire about the cost of your piping in stainless steel. They will have the pipe, plus the connectors, etc. As you will not be using a long pipe, you might be surprised at how inexpensive the stainless will be. And it is much better to work with!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jake
I checked link and the Mann Lake catalog and it reads 1 1/2" pipe?
If I wanted to use hard piping for your pump would 1 inch be ok on the output side.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
adamant, I love my Maxant honey pump. It is a nice compact little unit, it comes assembled on it's own little skid. I used a piece of clear 1in hose I bought at Home Depot to slide over the male 1in fitting coming off the Maxant honey pump. Put a hose clamp over the 1in hose and you can pump it anywhere you want to run the hose to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts