Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Put out bait hive this morning and tonight we have....

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  hlhart2014 
#1 ·
Interested parties...this will be the 4th swarm using a bait hive in a week and a half! We'll see if they stay..there were a lot flying around..not seen in the photos.
Vegetation Tree Nature reserve Natural environment Plant community

Cob Cottage House Hut Rock

See less See more
#4 ·
I make it over to the Methow a couple times a year. What do they make honey from? I know there's some fruit trees, but curious what your nectar flows are there. Do you get fireweed there? Are there bee trees and ferals over there?

#5 · (Edited)
Early on..various trees, serviceberry bushes, russian olives(they are all over this tree)then all sorts of wildflowers throughout the season(lupine, fireweed, asters, goldenrod,...), alfalfa fields(we have several within a half a mile, clover, fruit trees(small orchards, not like down on the Columbia)...., knapweed and all the various plants in people backyards, gardens... Our bees make a very light honey...although others right cross the valley make a more amber color. We caught a swarm hanging in a bitterbrush last year. I am under the assumption that there are ferals/tree bees.. Mason jar Drink Food Plastic Glass

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.