Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 10 queens from Purvis Brothers last summer to make splits. 1 was DOA and one was a drone layer. Lost 2 more this winter to starveouts.

Went thru the rest yesterday and they look great. Very gentle and great brood patterns. They are laying up a storm.

I plan on using them this spring for my queen mothers to graft from and open mate them to my best producing local stock. Hope to get some mite resistance built up so we don't have to treat.

Hate to see them go out of business.

Johnny

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Their business was for sale, but haven't heard/seen that anyone has taken it over. I too have Purvis queens, and have been very pleased.

·
Registered
671 Posts
It is my understanding that Purvis Brothers has recently moved to Tennessee. Sorry that I don't have contact information for you. Best wishes...

·
Registered
328 Posts
I talked with Rosanne about a month ago. She said they were still trying to get up and running and MIGHT have some queens in the middle of summer. They are not going to run a huge operation as they were. Apperantly they had invested a lot of money on research that they were not getting fair compensation for, but its a long story I am sure. Every time I have talked with them they were awesome about helping me and giving advice. I hope they are blessed at their new location.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for all the help in locating a number for the Purvis Bros Queens.

I talked to Rosanne today. What a great wealth of Knowledge she has. It sounds to me that they were on the right track to better understand bee DNA. But then it got complicated.

I hope I get to try some of there queens some day.

Rosanne thanks for all your help and great conversation. I will keep in touch.

Brooklyn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts