Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled 15 supers that made my pickup squat today and think I brought about a record few bees home. I only have two looking for a home in the alley behind my garage. Neighbors don't appreciate my hitchhikers. That is also good because it means the bees are making a living and a little bit more and are not interested In robbing. These hives are on irrigated alfalfa horse hay that is just starting to bloom again and the owner normally waits for the grass to catch up a little and the alfalfa to bulk up too to get more volume of hay. Means I will have a good flow for several more weeks. I have a lot of honey this fall. I sold several buckets for $170 a bucket and that is $2.88 a pound and satisfies me and I won't have more than I can hawk to my regular customers. It has been a fine year! Doubled my numbers of surviving colonies and made a good crop. Life is good.

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
Good job Vance. We have quite a bit of purple around the area and quite a few robbers as well. They just aren't very interested in it at the moment.......go figure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts