Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you sell propolis for? I have an older couple who wants some (did not say how much they wanted) and I have no idea how much to sell it for. I know I can scrap plenty of it off between my new frames at the moment to come up with a good gob of it.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
There is a guy (John Pluta) on YouTube that sells his scrapings for about $5.00/oz. if I remember correctly, and seems to sell all he can produce, he uses the propolis traps that you can buy for $6.00. Someone on ebay sells it cheaper than that, check it out. John

·
Registered
185 Posts
There is a guy (John Pluta) on YouTube that sells his scrapings for about $5.00/oz. if I remember correctly, and seems to sell all he can produce, he uses the propolis traps that you can buy for $6.00. Someone on ebay sells it cheaper than that, check it out. John
he gets about 3-4 oz per trap per year, so they pay for themselves first time out. he is in georgia, so we would get a little less from a shorter season.

his video on pollen traps convinced me to buy one and give it a try, will be testing it out next week once school break starts. i should be able to make two trips a day for 3 days then.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have noticed over the last few years that most of the propolis is produced after the spring nectar flow. Especially during the dearth and towards fall.

I have had 4 traps for 2 years. Never get around to putting them on. But I will this year. I have 3 or 4 hives that are super propolis builders.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
>I have 3 or 4 hives that are super propolis builders.

Yeah, I need to keep track of hives of mine that produce alot of propolis too, and get some traps to put on them this fall. John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts