Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a modest suburban apiary. This season produced roughly 30 nucs and 500 pounds of honey. The issue is how to improve the efficiency of processing the cappings. I use the rendered wax for sale, for making body balm, and for coating plastic frames--so I don't want to eliminate it altogether. I use a 9 frame Brushy Mountain radial extractor. It has the tangential baskets for extracting deep frames. At present I let gravity work on the cappings overnight in the cappings tank and then spread them out for the bees to clean up. It works ok---but am looking to improve. Has anyone tried the cappings bags that can be placed in the baskets that wring out the honey from the wet cappings? Or have another idea/advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
The cappings bags work well. You do need a few of them so you can distribute in the cage for balance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick feedback. I also found a couple of old threads on the same topic. I will give it a try.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Can you post links to those twinoaks? Are these bags any different from the bucket strainer bags? Thanks, J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts