Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some labels I like but they are sold by the roll. I wanted to print the labels in a few different colors and fonts. How do you feed a roll of labels into a printer. Or do you have to tear each label off and feed it in? I am no printer expert.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Am pretty sure that you must purchase a special "roll printer" for this purpose. Don't have a clue as to the cost. Check out staples, office-max, or office depot.

As an alternative I think that fed-ex/kinkos has the ability to print them -- but not positive.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was betting I would have to buy a special printer or something like it.

I was looking at the rolls from Mann Lake, Better, ect...They are all sold in rolls. They do printing for avg of $7.95 which is a good price, but I wanted to print in some other colors and fonts to experiment a little.

I downloaded avery's design software. So I will probably end up using that. What number avery or even onlinelabels.com are ya'll usings. I'm needing to make or buy labels for 8 oz Flat Panel Bear and Oval bottles and 16 oz oval bottles.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hambone,

check out draperbee -- They print by the roll for 250 labels. their work is top knotch. I wonder if they will give me a discount for this plug.

I am going to re - order from them today -- I have not done the bear bottles yet, but I will be looking at them shortly. They have a label for a 12 oz bear (looks like flat panel label).

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Hey Ham,
Why don't you go visit your local printing shop, take them your ideas and see if they can't produce, or get produced, what you want? Then it will be yours and not someone elses w/ your info on it. I get mine made in rolls of 500 or 1,000.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I looked into a roll label printer once. Amazon had them in the usual wide price range of around $250 and up. I settled for printing my own using flat sheets and a laser printer/copier.

Wayne

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Draper does have some good looking stuff.

I have actually gotten pretty good messing around with Avery's Design Pro 5. It's a free download from their site.

Mark, one of my best buds is the head graphic artist for a big display company in Dallas. I am going to have him design me a label that I can take to my local print shop and have them print them out. Though that will have to be for next years bottles.

Amy sent me her brochures today. 5-7 day lead time. Her stuff looks really good too, so I will probably just order from her this year.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Mark, one of my best buds is the head graphic artist for a big display company in Dallas.

Amy sent me her brochures today. 5-7 day lead time. Her stuff looks really good too, so I will probably just order from her this year.
Ya think he might design me a cpl too. I've been thinking about labeling raw honey under the name "The Lazy Beekeeper's Honey" "Never heated, never strained, of course." and also another being "House of the Bear Honey Company", being as that's what my last name means. Though not really. If you didn't know German I could fool ya. But doesn't Berninghausen sorta sound like "hause of the Ber"?

I asked Amy for samples a yr or 2 ago when she first came on the source and she never got them sent to me. Does she work w/ Betterbee? Just kidding.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure he would design what ever you wanted.

I fw: you her labels. I sent it to the contact email from your website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts