1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I just ordered 800 lbs at 60 cents a lb. I sure hope it comes down.

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
I was at Rossman's in Moultrie, GA yesterday. He has 5lb bags of sugar...I don't recall the exact price but it was under .30/lb. I think he gets the stuff that's beyond its 'expiration'.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
4 lb bags at walmart here are $1.82, that works out to 45-1/2 cents per lb. Everywhere else I checked was around 58 cents per pound in 50 lb bags.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
hmmm Wal-Mart here has 25 pound bags for $11.xx....

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
aw shucks! And I was going to take your info into my local Wally World and ask about their "low price guarantee!" :lpf: Thats still about 47 cents a pound...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Checked walmart in Philadelphia last night and 5 lb was $3.88

Johnny

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
From what I have seen in stores the cheapest is by far Aldis to purchase sugar. This was true when I lived in KC and is still true now that I live in NY. Though I was fairly disappointed yesterday when I found their price jumped to 2.39 per 5lbs bag. Last time I bought it there (this past DEC) it was 1.59 per 5 lbs bag. Still the other local wholesaler stores want 15.99 per 25 lbs bag. For the meager 350 lbs of sugar I just bought yesterday I saved $50.00 by going to Aldi's and buying it in smaller quantities. You know its great to see their faces when I fill up an entire carriage full of sugar. I just tell them its for all my girls and make em wonder.:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up a 25 lbs bag of sugar at Winco, which placed the price of sugar at $0.51/Lbs. By Saturday, it will be gone.

Regards,
Tucker1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Re: Price of Sugar -

I have tons of sugar for sale $.35 per lb it in 2,000 / 2,500 lb supper sacks cleen NOT FLOOR SWEEPINGS!!!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Hey Ted, let me know if you take a vacation to Colorado. I will take 4000 lbs from you. On the plus side this allows you to take your vacation as a tax deduction since it really is business. ;) Sure wish you were closer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts