Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Not sure what the price is around your way, but in PA they are going for around $80.00, especially if you wait until the last minute. I did hear people getting them for around $65.00 shipped but those orders were in months ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
paid $54. last year, and $63. this year from same supplier. Pkgs are hard to find in the south this year and most people are sold out till May.One friend of mine lost 9 colonies over the winter to starvation due to the extreme cold winter. Have heard of some pkgs going for $80. It's a sellers market this year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
here in the UK the cheapest i have found for a 3 1/2 pound package is £115 or to you thats $175 ish

for that price im beeless and waiting patiently for a swarm

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow, bet that price make splits look good. I would hate to loose a 200 dollar swarm. How do you guys ever get a start of bees? I would probably take better care of them if I had that much invested.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I paid $94 each without in state shipping for 3# packages of Russian/Carnolians here in CA. Shipping is a variable cost I suppose.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I guess I am pretty far south from you but here in Massachusetts I ordered mine at $85 for an unmarked queen and $88 for a marked queen. US$.

http://www.nebees.com/index.php

Looks like they still have some available if you can make the LONG drive down and get them across the border. (are there regulations regarding bees crossing the US/Canada border?)

Best of luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts