Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Coffee Klatch, and I get that you post what you want here. However, I would like to start a non-partisan thread regarding the run-up to the election. Basically, I would like a discussion of polls, state strategies and what states will need to be won by which candidates in order to reach 270 electoral votes. If you want to discuss polls that typically lean left or right, that is fine. It would be nice to discuss them with some intellectual honesty though. Polling is wildly imperfect, but it is what we have. Personally, I like to track the betting odds, because money has no bias and doesn't lie. However, that is surprisingly not the most historically accurate measure.

It is human nature to weigh polls that we like heavier than polls that we don't like. We are not going to totally avoid that here. I fully admit to my own biases and struggles with those biases to see an objective view. Let's do our best.

I hope others want to participate and that I am not the only election wonk of the group that has a fascination with elections for elections' sake.

Please vent emotions on the other Coffee Klatch threads. I will probably be there venting with you . . . or against you:D

Patrick

·
Super Moderator
11,003 Posts
This thread is OPEN for replies & discussion in the Tailgater forum. There are several responses to this thread already posted there.

If you aren't already a Tailgater forum member, PM a moderator for access.
Send a PM to moderators Rader Sidetrack, squarepeg, or JWPalmer asking for Tailgater access.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.