Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather channel Mike Cantorri is forecasting a possibility of us (Ohio) having 70 -100 mph winds tomorrow, yikes. Now that they are 5 tall Husband strapped down the hives for me. :D. While he was doing that I gleefully watched about 3-4 of them at both hive entrances fanning....calling everyone home :s

·
Registered
317 Posts
Another Ohioan here in the Northern most point of the State, Ashtabula County. Where in Ohio are you?????!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm in Central Illinois. I put on tie downs around all my hives and tied them all off to trees from north south east west directions. They are saying possible 70 to 100 mph winds tonight/tomorrow. I also tied down the trap-out I am working on. We can use the rain, not the wind.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm in southeast Ohio. We are expecting severe storms today as well. Probably will put some straps on the hives. Better to safe than sorry.

Hope all make it safely through the storms coming.

And why can't it just rain anymore. All we get are strong to severe storms. Thanks Al Gore!

·
Banned
13,203 Posts
I put on tie downs around all my hives and tied them all off to trees from north south east west directions.
A fully leafed out tree is as likely to blow over as the hive. I would stake (4) the hive down and not attach it to a tree.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Better safe than sorry, I just finished roping down my three 5/5/5 nuc hives. The 6 big production hives are so heavy that they cannot be hefted from the back so I think they will be okay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts