Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the right forum to post this on. I would appreciate any and all prayers for this friday. I have to have Carpal tunnell surgery on my hand. I know it isn't brain surgery but I am kind of nervous. I have had to be cut on too many times in my life and it gets harder each time. I have put this off for several years but the pain in my hand and elbow have got so bad that I can't take it anymore. Thanks guys and Gals.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had both of my hands done and my experience it was a piece ok cake but I know everyone is not the same and everyone don't have the same Dr. I did but the Lord will take care of you for sure.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You got my prayers. I also had both hands done in the early 80's a year apart . Not really that bad just don't have both hands done at same time or you can't eat and drink.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just finished praying for you and your doctors. If God is with you who can be against you.:thumbsup:

Thanks for your service to our country and heal up fast!!

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Looks like a good place to post it. More prayers just lifted up for you here too. I'll also ask my family to pray for you each day this coming week. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What's the recovery time with the surgery? I wake up with numb hands nearly every night. I've tried sleeping with wrist braces and they help a little. I don't have pain but if my wrist are bent slightly I get numbness pretty quickly.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Thoughts and prayers are with you Jim. When are you having the surgery?

I was reading in the NEJM (New England Journal of Medicine) that for the less invasive procedures like Carpal Tunnel, Vasectomy, ect.. that you can use ninja force to slow your heart rate and help calm the body, therefore not needing any local anesthesia for the procedure. Supposed to be better for the body and healing.

Nevermind.... I think I might have read that in Mad Magizine. :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told I will be able to go back to work on a limited basis in two weeks. and normal in about three to four. First major symptom I noticed was my fingers started going numb when I drove. Especially the ring and little finger. Then started getting massive pain in the back of my elbow. It was first diagnosed as tendonitis. Then as nerve compression. They still believe that I have nerve compression in the elbow but they think that doing the carpal tunnel will relieve some of the pressure on the nerve. My Dr. said that if this does not work he will have to reroute the nerve around the back of my elbow. And that is a big surgery. Most likely ending my correctional officer career. Twenty two years of turning keys have done a number on my wrist and elbow. Thanks guys and gals. I don't know why but I am nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs about this surgery. I have had surgery several times before and it never bothered me but for some reason this one is. Guess I am just getting old. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts