Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had medium honey super over my two full deeps. Bees had drawn out comb,filled and capped about 80% when I added another honey super with foundation. Today I removed the full super of honey(1st one on). In the second honey super they have started to draw out the comb. I left the second honey super with the foundation on the two deeps, placed the inner cover on top then I placed the super with the frames that I had just harvested the honey from on top of the inner cover with the outer cover on top of that. Should I leave the a honey super on that has not been drawn out yet ? Or should I take that honey super off and put the super that I just harvested from over the two deeps and let them rework that?

·
Registered
277 Posts
If I have this right, you harvested and extracted one super and then put it back on over the inner cover. Why? If your intention is to harvest more honey then I would put it directly above the nest where it was before you harvested it. The bees will fill that faster than they would build out the new foundation.

If you put this super there just because you don`t know where else to put it, then do the bees a favor and put it under the inner cover.

Luc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts