Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've just barely got a small flow started here. im having queen problems with a few hives i made early nucs from and unfortunately those hives are kind of week for the flow to start. one hive that reared a queen reared a MONSTER !. she just started laying early last week and shes fully laid at least 3 frames !
the strongest hive i have is 2 deeps packed and bringing in some good nectar. soo i decided to set up one of those queen starter boxes full of bees. tomorrow ill punch out some tiny larvae cells and see if it works out. i have made nucs by having them draw their own and cut out capped cells for nucs, but, ive never done grafting or cell punching. hopefully it goes well.

one of the queenless nucs i made this year should have a laying queen in it by now. all i spotted was about a 1/4 of a frame with some eggs in it but they dont look promising. multiple eggs in a few and some were not centered well. im hoping its a queen trying to get her bearings on the whole laying thing.

any pointers and let me know how ur flow is coming along. maybe my area hasnt started strong yet.

·
Registered
378 Posts
They will probably make out some queens for you.If that doesnt go the way you expect, notching new frame eggs works also if they are good and queenless. Sounds as if you have it planned out and set up correctly .. Fingers crossed for you .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts