Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I recently got pooped on by a ton of bees that were swarming from a feral hive in a neighbors tree. I couldn't resist the opportunity to calculate the odds of this happening and created a posting on my garden blog about this experience.

As bee keepers, I'm sure some of you may have had the same experience, but for the average guy this would be really unusual.

Anyway, the posting is meant to be humorous and done in a spirit of fun. If you want to have a look, it's at the link below. :)

http://www.plantertomato.com/2010/06/odds-of-being-pooped-on-by-bees-1-to-352-million.html

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Ok, so i glazed over when the numbers starting running, but it's still funny as POOP...LOL

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
You indeed put a lot of brain wattage into that thought, hope you didn’t loose any sleep over it. Every time I work in the bee yard I will find those little yellow spots on my truck or clothes. What I can’t figure out is why I haven’t won the lottery?
Bee poop is really mild compared to other species, I have been pooped on by cows more times than I want to recall, but the worst of them all was. I was setting at a traffic light in downtown South Bend IN. when splat. The most horrible smelling cow pie size poop dropped onto my windshield. Rather surprised my first thought was my God! Cows really do fly. But no, it was a turkey vulture, I wonder what the odd of that would bee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts