Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Terre Haute and I saw bright orange pollen today. I was shocked! Where are they getting it, the florist, a green house?????? Sneaky girls :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was cutting firewood yesterday, and the girls were all over the fresh oak shvings. I believe I saw a post this week from Micheal Bush talking about bees taking sawdust. Are they converting tree sap? The bees on the logs themselves had black pollen on their hind legs? I guess at this point it is scrounging. I did open both hives and they have sugar left and the boxes were packed. 70+ today, 30 and an inch of snow Wed. Ugh.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pail yellow and light gray pollen today and snow balls tomorrow. :lookout: Spring is on it's way. :waiting: :popcorn:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nothing yet in my neck of the woods. But they're really going after the caffeinated moisture on the compost pile. I would want some coffee waking up from this winter, too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
In Terre Haute, LOTS of pollen yesterday. Pale yellow and a little bright orange. About 70% of the bees were bringing pollen in. Im looking out the window at sanow as I type! 55 on Friday!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts