Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fed Dadant & Sons brood builder patties? How well did they work vs. other brands. Which one would you recommend?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I like to feed the MegaBee patties. Best I have used thus far. If you order these, get them from Dadant as they cost less than other suppliers that I have seen. Might try Global Patties as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also feed the megabee patties, my 87 hives seem to perfer it over the brood builder and i have noticed better fall and spring build up:applause:, i use it on my spring splits. I perfer to mix it myself and add pollen to the mix, if you do this make sure the pollen comes from diease free hives.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the input. Since posting this question, I have done an extensive search of "pollen subsitute patties" on this site. There are some very good recipes available. Looking at the cost of buying the commercially available patties plus shipping, I think I'm going to try the home brew version. Looks to me like the big commercial beeks make their own. If homemade works for their bees, it will work for mine.

I live in the TX panhandle. It was going to cost me $27.00 to have a 25lb. bag of the dry broodbuilder costing $24.95 shipped via UPS from Dadant in Paris,TX. MegaBee cost a lot more. Call me tight, but I think that is rediculous.

·
Registered
17 Posts
These are fresh patties.
I am a dealer for Global.
I ship in USPS flat rate boxes because it is much cheaper.
Thanks
Ernie

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have used global patties and I have had good results with them. My bees take them quickly and they stimulate and support brood production well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts