Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do most commercial beekeepers purchase pollen sub? Do most purchase dry sub and then mix on site as needed or is it more convenient to purchase ready to use patties and pay the extra shipping and processing?

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
How do most commercial beekeepers purchase pollen sub?
You may get a lot of different answers: We make our own according to the needs of the bees.
Others should chime in --
Where's Kieth Jarret?
Do most purchase dry sub and then mix on site as needed
You really should mix it at a "mixing station" and transport it to the locality of need. Remember, the end product is heavy.

or is it more convenient to purchase ready to use patties and pay the extra shipping and processing?
You can to supply small needs as required by the time and bees.
I stoped buying the ready to use patties because of cost, content, shipping and I know what's in the patty.
Ernie

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
We talked about this before. Depending on the size of operation would dictate what you do. Right now I can make what I need. If I get to a couple of thousand...pre bought would be the way to go. Also, people like Keith can produce in quantity much cheaper then most because he can buy in bulk.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ernie,

Thanks for your input!

Alpha6,

I will try another search. I understand the reasoning, but was interested in what larger operations do in practice.

Thanks,
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts