Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Meg-A-Bee have enough pollen in it that you don't have to feed pollen sub?
Is there anyone in the SC NC VA MD or surounding states that sell Globel Patties? I can find it out west but it cost a arm and leg to ship.
Thanks
Barney

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
I believe MegaBee does not disclose the ingredients of their patties, but I don't believe it had pollen in it.

It is my understanding that MegaBee is a pollen supplement, and not a pollen substitute.

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
I stand corrected. I had thought it was a supplement, and not a substitute. Hmm. Website says both pollen substitute, and protein supplement.

With that said I would still be very cautious about using MegaBee as anything more than a supplement for any extended period of time. Nothing beats the real thing IMO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I started using it last year. The Bee seem to love it when there is no pollen or during long periods of bad weather when they can not get out much. However, when there is plenty of pollen and the weather is good, they didn't seem to touch it. I have been making patties with the dry meg-a-bee. I plan on using it this spring again.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
In the past I have done whey powder in megabees place because I am not near a dadant branch. Has anyone else done this? My bees did really well on candy made from this.
Kingfisher

1 - 6 of 6 Posts