Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
It appears to be a standard dispensing valve like the ones sold by mann lake or maxant, with a plus $400.00 air system to replace the manual handle. It would free your hands a bit in shuffling the bottles but 400$ worth ?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My current bottling valve is my wife. And she is expressing her displeasure with the time she spends bottling. I was thinking an early Christmas present for her.....

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
The cylinder part would be quite easy. The tricky part is to achieve sensitive control so you have the ability to throttle the opening and closing; referred to as feathering.

Note in picture there are 2 airlines to the cylinder. This is a suspended or balanced system. One line and a spring return system would not be suitable for controlled dispensing, though simple.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's also 400 canuckian which is considerably less to us. They do not ship here tho so you'd have to go get it. Great trip if the border ever opens up :oops::cry:
I'd grab it. Bottling 150+ lbs of honey? Last year was an all-weekend project. I mean fun but . . . . .

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
833 Posts
You might consider putting a small chain connected to the handle of the manual valve to a foot peddle.
Just a thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts