Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.gofundme.com/help-oaxac...60069249-2e1ec53c66044aac&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

Can we all help support the students at Oaxaca escuela-secondaria-tecnica-no-14. When I teach school kids about honey bees, I have to start at the beginning. This is a worker...this is an egg. Well nothing like that with these students in Oaxaca. The kids are amazing in what they know. Already making nucs and raising queens. They have a great program and a good teacher. What they don't have are resources. Bee suits suitable for working africanized honey bees. Woodenware to allow them to expand their apiary. Maybe an extractor that isn't an old galvanized rust bucket. Let's raise enough funds to support their future education.

Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just wanted to put it out there why I will be making a donation and why you should to. Mike has provided the beekeeping community with his vast knowledge at a very reasonable price. His online videos and beesource contributions all free. Mike would have had no problem selling this information via a book deal ect. But he chooses to do what he loves and help out other beekeepers. The least I can do is support something he feels is worthy. I will probably not have a better opportunity to pay it forward.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I doubt Mr Palmer needs his back patted for doing good deeds, but this is probably a good charity with little unintended consequence. Big projects are just going to result in some Cartel skimming the bulk of the input. People directly helping people is always best.

·
Registered
19 Posts
"May work against you when you tell other adults what they SHOULD do because you do it, the cause be worthy or not."

Hahaha what a pointless post. If you see my post as you state then act like an adult and don't donate and move on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Clyderoad you are right if I knew asshats were gonna take my post negatively I would not have posted.
Have a good day.
Oh sorry I just told you what you"SHOULD" do again. Hahaha what I joke.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Deleted my earlier posts.
I'm sorry if I have taken any of the focus away from Mike's appeal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts