Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to beekeeping and just bought 4 hives (2 deep bodies each) A friend gave me a used hive he inherited (two deeps, and four shallow supers), the frames for them and and alot of spare frames and spare frame parts.

The new hive parts I have are boxes are Shastina. Frames are Dadant. Tops and bottoms are brushy mountain

The nothches in the Dadant frame sides are just barely too big to fit the spare frame pieces my friend gave me. The notch in the frame sides my friend gave me are and inch and an eighth. I didnt measure the Dadants before putting them together but they are probably and eighth inch bigger.

Is there any way to tell what brand these parts are my friend gave me? He gave me so many it would be worth buying several shallow supers for them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a picture of the frame and two side parts I for. The different colored frame side is Dadant. When I matched them together, I noticed the end notches were the same size but noticed the dadant is thicker. I checked to see if the traded for top frame piece was smaller to account for the wobble when mismatching pieces and it was not. So I guess the thickness difference accounts for the wobble which isnt something I would have thought, but at any rate would like to buy some of the darker pieces in the picture to complete several dozens frames. Thanks for answering

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts