Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VIVO Plastic Bushing Connectors for Electric Honey Extractors (Pack of 5) (PT-BE-BU01)
https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIVO-Pla...ney-Extractors-Pack-of-5-PT-BE-BU01/204471408
has pictures
I had the spider plastic connector on my old 4 frame honey extractor break.
This piece of plastic connects the hand crank to the tope of the extractor basket.
Above was an old listing for the spider connector.

Everyone seems to be out of them. Do you know where I could find one?
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
That style of shaft coupling is super common. It is one of the most common industrial shaft coupling. Check McMaster-Carr. Youll need the shaft diameter and the coupler diameter. It will be metric.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Noticed that the Washers will be back in stock at ebay and amazon and walmart within the next two weeks.

At least you can get a 4pack and get your extractor ready for next year.

Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amazon will be more expensive, and it will be cheaper to go to larger online shopping sites, especially when it’s Black Friday.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought so but the price was 11 dollars to the door next day from AP for the 4 pack. This summer AP and Walmart all had them for 15$.
It just shows just how many of us have the cheaper honey extractor with the bushing and the rubber? spider connector that makes up the quality fit of the metal ones. ;) I paid my neighbor 70$ for his really nice ss 4 frame extractor with the cheap soft metal handle assembly used now and it has taken a little work but it is the world we live now. MY old uncle had 4 frame galvanized extractor that he had in the 50's with 50-100 hives before I got bees in 1958 and I used it up thru 1994.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts