Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My brother was hiking along the Oregon coast and saw these flowers. Anyone name that flower? Note that it is not the flower for the thimbleberry leaves.

It has pink clusters of flowers. I’d assume a native since they were off in the middle of nowhere.

Seen June 2020 in coastal Oregon.

Thanks all!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Don’t horse chestnuts have palmately compound leaves?
Yes, and the pics do not show that.

BeeDuto: you are right the flowers are not the same. I took a quick look at your pictures on my cell and wrongly assumed horse chestnut. My apologies.

After looking closer on the laptop and talking with a knowledgeable friend it appears to be the Japanese Lilac tree, Syringa reticulata. They have become a popular planting on Long Island after all the problems with the more common street tree choices.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don’t horse chestnuts have palmately compound leaves?
Yes, and the pics do not show that.

BeeDuto: you are right the flowers are not the same. I took a quick look at your pictures on my cell and wrongly assumed horse chestnut. My apologies.

After looking closer on the laptop and talking with a knowledgeable friend it appears to be the Japanese Lilac tree, Syringa reticulata. They have become a popular planting on Long Island after all the problems with the more common street tree choices.
That’s 100% it. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts