Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently paying $.72/jar for a regular mouth pint mason-style jar. That is the glass, lid and band. Is anyone doing much better than that and if so, where? Thanks.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I purchased anchor shocking 1/2 pint jars, and pint jars from them at wall Mart for about 8.00 a dozen. Nicer looking jars, and smooth sides, and semi square jars.

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
They were about $9.00 Canadian at Wallmart this year $8.00 last year. Golden Harvest brand. That is the cheapest way to fly for me.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,882 Posts

·
Registered
4ish langstrom hives
1,526 Posts
This I got a lot of jars free from my brothers wedding, they used them for table decorations. I ran them thru the dishwasher, got new lids and called it good :)

The other option depending on your area may be to look for used jars and clean them well. I am not sure if this is worth the hassle though.

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
I have customers who return the empty jars but I find that the price of new tops and rings etc., to be almost the price of a new complete jar. Storing and washing them is an inconvenience cost. If you are marketing into a scenario with stringent size and labeling requirements you may not even be able to get away with using the new canning jars. Farm gate and casual sales is a lot less restrictive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts