Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I just purchased a two frame stainless honey extractor from pigeon mountain just checking to see if anyone else has the same model or any thoughts about this one.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have never used an extractor. With that said, i made a 2-frame tangential extractor and once it was compelted, i decided that it was too small and amde an 8-frame radial extractor. I know a lot of folks use tangential extractors and they do work just fine. The only significant drawback is that it does take more time to extract as most folks extract side a, then side b, then side a again. If i were you, i'd use it for as long as it suits your needs, then sell it and get a alrger one if that is appropriate at the time. I hope you havea good season and get a chance to use it!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hello all I just purchased a two frame stainless honey extractor from pigeon mountain just checking to see if anyone else has the same model or any thoughts about this one.
I bought one last year for my hives I have at home. Works fine, just walked alot so I fixed that problem and it does a good job. I had to get another one because the extractor I had was ancient and had bit the dust ( had been repaired numerous time during its life.) Later on I will get a better one with more frame capacity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts