Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Pierco One Piece Frame and Drone Foundation? I had trouble with the wax drone comb staying straight in the frames and I'm looking for alternatives. It doesn't say anything about being beeswax coated.

http://www.betterbee.com/products.asp?dept=380

Any feedback is appreciated

·
Registered
67 Posts
I put 104 frames on 12 strong single stories in late july early august this year. All but 5 got drawm out by end of sept. All hives got 7 gal corn suryp w/20% water.
Scott

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I bought mine from Brushy Mtn, but yeah, these are the same thing I'm using.

Seems my bees draw it out about 2/3 of the way and quit though. The bottom inch and most of the bottom corners did not get drawn out though.

I leave them in until the drone cells are capped and then substitute another frame and freeze em. I did it all summer and quit when the queen quit laying drones in Sept.

P.S. Yes it does say it is Beeswax coated.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I inserted one into the center of one hive and left it there. The experience of drawing it out fully was the same as Troy's, about 2/3 drawn. I just figured that was enough drones for them. They also made a monster-huge queen cell, the biggest I ever saw or have heard of, on that frame.

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops, I missed the beeswax coated part. I went ahead and got a few to try. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.