Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tip of my knife is not as hot as I would like. I have already tweaked the small allen screw on the back of the knife once. If I tweaked it a bit more would I still increase the element heat a bit more. Can I overtighten it? Like to hear from someone who knows about the knife in question. It is manufactured in the USA.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In the absence of any forum replies I sent an email to the manufacturer re their Speed King 202. This is their reply:-

Hi Gary.

Glad to hear the knife is serving you well. Each knife is individually calibrated so it is difficult to say the amount of turns required to get to the temperature you are looking for. Yes you can turn the Hex screw again. (Clockwise) However I would not turn more than 1/4 turn at a time. Tun the screw 1/4 turn and see how the knife response. By adjusting the screw what you are doing is reducing the gap between 2 thermostat plate. If you tighten it too much the thermostat will not open and the knife will overheat. So make small turns until knife is at your ideal temperature.

Hope this help.

Kind Regards

www.piercebeekeeping.com
Pierce Beekeeping Equipment , 2536 Fender Ave Unit A
Fullerton, CA 92831 USA
+ 1-(626) 384-0980

1 - 2 of 2 Posts