Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using an old deep with a hole drilled into it. I have an old brood frame and a swarm lure inside.

Question: Would you close the bottom entrance off, or run an entrance reducer? I'm currently running an entrance reducer.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
855 Posts
It really doesn't matter. There is not a perfect set up to make them come to it, either they like it or they don't. Just look at where some of the cut outs are being done.

Not sure I would want to make my new home there with the shingle hung out saying "hell" though, what's up with that??:lpf:

I hope you get a big swarm to move in, you have done about all you can do. Most times just the smell of the old comb will bring them in. The biggest thing is there has to actually be a swarm around to move in. The only thing I could add is seems most swarms like shade better than full sun

Good luck with it.

G3

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure I would want to make my new home there with the shingle hung out saying "hell" though, what's up with that??:lpf:

G3
I think it says "NELL". Don't know why though. Maybe Sheri can tell us. It's one of her old boxes. ;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'd close off the entrance and let them use the hole you drilled... I'd bet about Memorial weekend you'll have visitors if your midstate (north/south)...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts