Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beek friends sometimes catch swarms and try to figure out who's they are. They thought they had nabbed a swarm from one of my hives last year but it was a pink marked queen, which was not mine. So, I was curious if there might be a way to put a phone number on a marking disk and have it large enough to read. Even better yet, which I know can't be done, would be a personal message saying RETURN MY BEES! and my phone number....lol

Anyway...it gets a little fun.

JoeMcc

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hey Joe --- what me and Julie do here is go to Petco and have a dog tag made ---- it wieghs so much she never leaves the yard !!!!! HAHA

i understand that feeling of losing a swarm so someone else but the way the law says is that if its in your box its your bees - if they leave and go to privite property then they are the property owners bees - most dont want them

i just try to split my hives before they swarm and put out as many swarm traps as you can get out --- i just made 4 more 5 frame swarm boxes Sunday --

talk at ya later

did you happen to order the Queens yet?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if they leave and go to privite property then they are the property owners bees - most dont want them

did you happen to order the Queens yet?
It's just fun to try to figure out whos they are.

I sent you a PM.

Joe

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Google "DataDot", you could stick one of these on her head and after registering your "asset", purchasing a 60x microscope and a black light you can ID her true and proper owner :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Currently, they are able to place personal cartoons inside of integrated circuits that require high power microscopes to see. This cartoons are sort of the signature of the IC design team.

Perhaps branding would work. You'd have to be very steady with the branding iron.

The idea is interesting. I suspect there is a way, but it would be cost prohibitive.

Regards,
Tucker1

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
How about I was just joking around, makin a funny, I realize that queen markings go on the thorax. I assumed that is what the green smiley with huge teeth was supposed to reflect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts