Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps you want to read "political" threads? Sign up for the Tailgater forum access!

Send a PM to moderators Rader Sidetrack, squarepeg, or JWPalmer asking for Tailgater access. Cuz at least "some" and perhaps all "political" threads are going to go there.:)

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
Re: Perhaps you want to read "political" threads? Sign up for the Tailgater forum acc

for those of you who are new and/or possibly not familiar with the tailgater subforum, it can be found be clicking on 'forum' at the top of any page, and then scrolling almost all the way down to the bottom of that page.

the original curator of beesource set it up that way to provide a space where politics and religon ect. could be discussed without derailing the general theme of the bee forum at large.

access is freely granted to anyone by simply submitting a request to a moderator.

the tailgater subforum does not show up in any of the searches like 'new posts', 'what's new?', ect., so you have to go to it through the 'forum' page as described above.

tailgater has been pretty much dormant for about a year or so, but with all of the recent interest in politics and such it appears as though it might make a come back.

for more info please start here:

https://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?234689-Caveat-Posteri-Let-the-poster-beware

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Re: Perhaps you want to read "political" threads? Sign up for the Tailgater forum acc

if you are going that route at least you could do is come up with a way to search it to find things, with no search function it is a waste of time

·
Super Moderator
11,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

There are members that object to "political" threads - even in the Coffee Klatch forum. This is the full content of the Coffee Klatch header "sticky":

This forum is free of political and religious discussions.
(Yes, its true that "You can't please everyone.") However, what we can do is return to the rules that Barry established years ago.

And I'm pretty sure that the situation with "search" and Tailgater has not changed since Barry's reign. :)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

I'm guilty, I'll stop.

Alex

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,793 Posts

Alex, this is NOT an attempt to stop the lively discussion that has been taking place, just an effort to put in the correct forum. When Barry started Beesource, he had a clear vision of a wholesome forum for beekeepers of all walks of life to exchange ideas related to beekeeping. He also recognized that there would be times when a free flow of dissenting ideas unrelated to beekeeping would need to be discussed, and thus the tailgater forum was created. Tailgater is a limited access forum so only those that WANT to view it are granted viewing and posting privileges. Access is given to anyone that requests it so my hope is to be inundated with requests over the next few days.:)

·
Registered
708 Posts

I would suggest Covid-19, Global warming and the State of the United States be moved.

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,793 Posts

I would suggest Covid-19, Global warming and the State of the United States be moved.
Fairly certain that they will be in the near future. I personally would like to see more folks signed up for tailgater first however.

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts

one of the things about which all on the moderating team were agreed was how civility has been maintained on those threads, and how members having drastically diverging viewpoints have refrained from waging personal attacks. way to go folks!

i'm not much for engaging in such discussions on a public forum but it's been interesting to follow. as jwp has pointed out this is more about respecting the founders and the legacy of beesource.

·
Premium Member
Mutts.
148 Posts

On the off chance others are having the same problem: Had to log out then back in to get Talegater to show up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts